Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
* Development of hardware/software systems, primarily in a software development role
* Providing Technical Lead on some Projects, working closely with the Solutions Architect and Development Managers.
* Ability to work in both the front and back end, across the full stack.
* Ability to craft both front end apps and service oriented back ends. This will be done in conjunction with the Solutions Architect.
* Liaison with designers, statisticians, technical directors, studio production staff, programme makers, and a wide cross-section of the business
* Collaborate closely with Stakeholders and Support to ensure that effective and up-to-date documentation is available for all systems
* Proactively monitoring systems to ensure accurate operation
What you'll bring:
* 2.1 bachelor's degree or higher in a technical subject, or ability to demonstrate similar levels of knowledge through on-the-job experience.
* Very strong understanding of the .Net framework, HTML5, relational database systems (SQL or Oracle)
* Strong understanding of version control tools like TFS and other development tools,
* Experience of Single Page Web Apps, Web Services, Windows Services
Group Product is the team behind the world-class Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our phenomenal range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.