Senior Systems Engineer - ITEA
Available Locations: Bristol, Farnborough, Salisbury
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our growing team and lead requirements and acceptance activities. Working closely with the MOD customer in the military air domain you will provide high quality engineering and consultancy services to determine requirements and produce technical solutions working through the whole development lifecycle.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
QinetiQ's Air and Space unit provides its customers with a suite of services which includes thought leadership, applied research, practical demonstrations, research facilities and project support. We provide Advice, Test & Evaluation services including independent assurance and evaluation against certification and design standards, practical tests on the ground and in flight, and advice on safety and airworthiness.
- Providing projects with a requirement and acceptance service within agreed performance, cost and time parameters.
- Applying the systems engineering approach and principles to define the requirement and develop a technical solution.
- Planning and delivering measurement and acceptance activity, collating and presenting evidence to show that the solution is safe, delivers the required capability, and satisfies the contractual requirement.
- Compile a body of evidence that gives the customer confidence to accept new capability into service.
- Understanding and applying the relevant regulatory, safety and technical standards, in order to integrate compliance activity with technical delivery.
We are looking to speak with Systems Engineering who have a comprehensive understanding and proven experience of the whole development lifecycle, ideally within a defence environment, and with up to date knowledge of engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
Additional competencies include:
- Use of DOORS for requirements management and acceptance evidence.
- Consultative approach to decompose complex issues in a methodical manner and produce effective solutions.
- Confident communicator, able to work with senior MOD customers and work with multiple stakeholder groups and industry partners.
- Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Recognise the bigger picture and apply sound judgement to situations.
- Model based systems engineering (MBSE) and object-oriented systems engineering (Desirable)
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply today with your CV and a brief cover letter and we will be in contact.