Senior Systems Engineer - Resilient Position Navigation & Timing (PNT)
Location: Flexible (Malvern, Farnborough, Portsmouth, Lincoln)
QinetiQ supports the delivery of secured navigation which can be depended on when accurate navigation, positioning/ timing is mission critical. Our specialist teams provide our clients with consultancy support, research and the development of services & security capabilities for resilient positioning and navigation systems including Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers.
*We are expanding our team and have a number of positions available at varying levels and locations, the core team are based from Malvern and you will be required to attend the Malvern site on average one day per week.*
- Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, development, consultancy and product support activities in the field of resilient Position Navigation and Timing (PNT)
- Provide technical expertise and advice on PNT aspects;
- Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Communicate ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management;
- Able to identify, capture and drive forward innovative PNT solutions;
- Leading and contributing to projects, work packages and bids;
- Capture & Analysis of customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps;
- System Design, Development & Testing of PNT products;
- Working across a broad spread of technical, project and security domains with the ability to work at both the 'big picture' and technical detail levels.
We are interested with speaking with Senior System Engineers with experience across Navigational Systems, ideally including GNSS receiver products and knowledge in one or more of the following subjects:
- Navigation system specification;
- Navigation signal processing;
- Multi-sensor navigation;
- Robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof)
- Real Time Kinematic satellite navigation;
- GNSS security;
- Alternative PNT approaches and techniques;
- Emerging PNT technologies and threats.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in a science, engineering or maths subject or applicable experience;
- Knowledge and experience of PNT and/or GNSS technology;
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and support with the development of innovative solutions;
- Able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, along with subcontractors and SME's, understanding and incorporating their input into broader technical solutions;
- Experience of requirements capture, design and implementation;
- Proven experience of working in a complex security domain;
- Proven ability to work across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the "big picture" and technical details;
- Willing to travel to other QinetiQ/customer sites where required (expected up to 10% travel time)
- British National, able and willing to attain MOD Security clearance.
Why join us?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests. We offer an opportunity to work across a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.