Senior Systems Thinker / Enterprise Architect
QinetiQ has a significant capability in systems, enterprise and solution architecting which is employed across its portfolio of projects, domains and capabilities in delivering technical, organisational and business solutions to complex and often multi-disciplinary problems. Whilst generally the problems presented are well-formed and understood this is not always the case and we are seeking an experienced and capable systems thinker/enterprise architect to join this growing capability who is able to focus on ill-formed problems and enterprise change and definition issues.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, be at ease in understanding and addressing complex situations, possess good 'soft' skills, and enjoy working in a challenging yet supportive work environment alongside colleagues and stakeholders.
Engaging with customers, other stakeholders, suppliers and other technical disciplines to help develop an appropriate understanding of the problem and to form the bases of viable solutions.
- Applying systems thinking and other analysis techniques to understand and analyse complex situations, bounding and elaborating the problem to be solved;
- Devising of enterprise architectures (and/or related concepts) which capture the problem to be solved and/or essential features of the outline solution;
- Directs technical documentation in support of work carried out;
- Delivers work and reports on progress to project leads and customers.
Skills / Experience
- Familiarity with one or more of the following tools/methods would be highly desirable:
- Checkland's Soft Systems Method, Cynefin, VSM, System Dynamics or similar MOOD tool usage;
- Systems architecting and solution scheming for defence/security systems;
- Awareness of, and interest in, unpicking difficult/complex (wicked) problems;
- Systems thinking aptitude: Highly inquisitive, methodical, rational approach;
- Strong communication and networking skills at all levels.
- British National, able to attain MOD Security clearance
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests. We offer an opportunity to work across a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.