Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with Global OTT Streaming & Platforms capabilities.
What you'll do:
* Take ownership of the requirement analysis process for particular work items taken into the Global OTT Streaming roadmap - evaluating risks, predicting potential problems, documenting requirements and dependencies.
* As the analyst in a Streaming scrum team, facilitate estimation sessions to obtain high level roadmap estimates and RAID logs, break down functional and Non-Functional requirements into user stories and present them to the team in planning sessions, and provide support during the development cycle.
* Work alongside SREs to assist in the design of reliable, resilient scalable services in accordance with industry best practices and Sky Global Reliability Engineering principles.
* Understand how components integrate with one another and how to make those integrations resilient and reliable.
* Be able to manage the dependencies of requirements across multiple teams and departments.
* Mentor more junior analysts within the department and within Sky as a whole.
What you'll bring:
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience working with highly collaborative engineering teams and external vendors
* Experience working closely with Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and / or working within a DevOps culture would be a plus
* Be able to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment. Experience working on an OTT Platform or in video processing a plus.
* Hands on experience defining and documenting requirements, translating them into technical solutions, and preparing user stories & accompanying documentation.
* Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, with a clear understanding of what is important when building highly available Streaming platform
* In-depth understanding of all stages of the systems delivery lifecycle and of the inter-relationships between different technical areas and business areas.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations.
* Demonstrates enthusiasm for playing a key role in ensuring departmental delivery is always protected; being highly approachable and available to facilitate on-time delivery.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.