Serco provides a diverse range of public services to citizens on behalf of Local Authorities and central government, often with long-term partnerships spanning 30 years within Citizen Services. These range from the administration of major employment and health programmes, to managing major services in partnership with Local Authorities such as Leisure and Environmental Services.
Working as part of our Architecture Team we are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Engineer with a specific focus on Windows and infrastructure technologies. Reporting to the Lead Architect you'll be responsible for delivering technology change / project implementation involving database technologies. You'll work on different sized projects, from inception to delivery, and will support Architects with designing solutions. You'll provide technical consultancy and project engineering to our customers. Key duties:
- Responsible for configuration and delivery of small to large scale projects;
- Producing clear documentation of technology services for internal support teams, 3rd party support providers, and end clients;
- Implementation and configuration of technology solutions aligned to design, security and operational objectives;
- Acting as subject matter expert during project delivery phase including early life support;
- Provide guidance and training to support and operational teams;
What you'll need to do the role:
If you are am experienced Technical Engineer who can design, build and configure Windows infrastructure solutions then we want to hear from you. Managing critical infrastructure supporting public services is desirable. You should have experience of creating a low level design based on a high level design and have proven specialist knowledge in order to provide architectures with the information they need to inform high level design creation. Other key requirements include:
- Pre-Sales technical writing and supporting generation of proposals.
- ITIL knowledge
- Ability to generate and present technical reports.
- Strong MSOffice including Visio skills.
- Technology skills in the following:
- Windows Server (up to 2019); Active Directory (on prem and AzureAD)/ ADFS / Azure Web Application Proxy/ VMWare vSphere/ Netscalers/ Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)/ Certificate services (PKI)/ AlwaysOn VPN/ Networking topology, IPv4/ PowerShell
This is a home based role, however, you must be willing to travel across England.
- Meaningful and vital work: the nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- From £40,000 (dependent upon skills and experience)
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- We offer flexible/agile working environments and the chance to buy annual leave as part of the Annual Leave Purchase Scheme;
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).