Job Title: Senior Track Welder
Location: Belfast / Derry / Londonderry
Compensation: £25,808 plus Roster Premium, Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43985
Be where you matter
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a Senior Track Welder, you'll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country's rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future's ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Senior Track Welder, responsible for carrying out Track Renewals welding duties, in accordance with Group Standards and Line Specifications relevant to the contract. This is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we're growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there's some incredible opportunities.
As a Senior Track Welder you will have good knowledge of all aspects of Aluminothermic and Manual Arc welding processes, as well as sound knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW Act and other appropriate statutory regulations. In this role you will undertake Thermit welding as directed by the Track Welding Supervisor.
What will you be doing?
* Responsible for carrying out Thermit welds as required
* Inspection of Thermit welds as required
* Carrying out MMA weld repairs as directed
* In depth knowledge of Permanent Way component parts
* PTS, COSS, POS and SWL1 essential. PC desirable. Others as agreed with Welding Supervisor and as specified in the Core Competence Profile
* Successful completion of Track Welders course
* Experience of working in Permanent Way
* Able to drive or willing to learn
* Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
* Roster premium
* 28 days and Bank Holidays
* Overtime opportunities
* Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
* Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
* Tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 31st August 2022