Job Title: Senior Tunnels Maintenance Engineer Location:
London Business Area:
Permanent Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Kier Group is the UK's leading highways service provider, delivering an incredibly diverse range of road, bridge and tunnel projects - from planning and programming stage through to delivery, maintenance and operation. We work with a wide range of partners such as local authorities and Highways England to improve the quality and safety of UK roads - making us the No.1 highways and tunnel maintenance team across the country, delivering over £1 billion of social value by maintaining 31,000km of roads used by six million people in their everyday lives.
Our Kier Highways team have been appointed to deliver Transport for London (TfL)'s new c.200m Maintanance and Management Contract for TfL Road Tunnels and Pumping stations. Through the contract, our Kier Highways colleagues will be responsible for maintaining and managing the 10 tunnels across the network, as well as 106 pump stations which help the road drainage systems working. This is a great time to join and be part of a collaborative winning team!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Tunnels Maintenance Engineer to manage the day to day running of the Tunnels, all Tunnel Operations, tunnels-based M&E inspection and ensure compliance with statutory and corporate requirements with a particular focus on Safety, Health and Environmental management, tunnel assets and Quality systems in accordance with contractual and corporate procedures. This role is also responsible for managing workstream performance measures including Tunnels MOR (minimum operating requirements). This role deputises in the absence of Tunnels/Operations Manager. What we are looking for?
- To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven leadership and excellent people management skills with an ability to develop integrated team working and previous experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team is essential
- Possess sound knowledge of and experience in financial planning and control methods, NEC3 contract experience
- Client focussed and able to demonstrate evidence of successful partnering activities
- Experience of planning and managing work programmes and effective resource utilisation as well as a proven ability to identify, design, quote and deliver remedial works
- Knowledge of the London network
What can you expect from us?
- Appropriate Qualifications/knowledge
- Electrical Qualifications essential with sound knowledge of M&E based Maintenance Contracts
- NRSWA "New Roads and Street Works" qualification (desirable)
- Management of Health and Safety at work (IOSH)
- Hold a Full driving licence
- Competent IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project)
In return you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role - and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer.
Closing Date: 12/3/2021
Please note, interviews make take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. .