Join us as a Senior UX Designer
- We're looking for an experienced UX practitioner with a deep understanding of user-centred design, looking to grow their capabilities within a multi-disciplined design team
- You'll be at the forefront of UX design solutions that employ and improve our principles, standards and design patterns, centred around best practice, consistency and re-use
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll be leading, inventing and designing websites and software applications which provide compelling and seamless customer experiences. This will be for native and browser-based experiences across desktop and mobile platforms. We’ll look to you to develop high level storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, and design ideas for both strategic programmes and streams of work. Effectively, you’ll be driving and delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable UX designs.
Key aspects of your role will also include:
- Working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development to create both new products and features and extend existing ones
- Translating customer insights into designed experiences and forming a compelling story around it
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Commissioning and participating in user research and testing activities, and drawing the insight needed to make informed and user centred design decisions
- Working closely with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with an extensive portfolio, which demonstrates creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions. You’ll have an eye for visual interaction details, coupled with excellent communication skills, in order to champion interface designs and thinking with product owners and developers, and present your work in an effective way.
You'll also have the ability to strategically lead UX projects and maintain a focus on collaborative problem solving and creating great customer experiences. And you'll bring experience of planning and facilitating design sprint workshops, building an delivering presentations and communicating with multi discipline teams and key stakeholders.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Extensive experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments
- Significant experience in supporting user centred design processes and creating the material required to support user testing and concept communication
- The ability to use interaction design and visualisation tools such as Axure and Sketch
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design and a background in human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Knowledge of process flows, customer journey mapping and service design blue-prints and an understanding of low definition wireframing as a key step in the process of iterative design
- Good critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge key decisions with stakeholders and influence cohesive solutions