About the role
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX designer to help own the discovery and design of outstanding fulfilment and payment experiences, having a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
As we've all learned over the past few years, ensuring people have easy access to food can't be taken for granted. You'll be responsible for discovering opportunities and crafting intuitive and effortless solutions that give customers their shopping whenever and wherever they want it.
About your team
Our vision at Tesco is to offer customers Britain's easiest shopping trip, whether they are shopping in-store or getting a delivery to their home (or wherever they might be).
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and innovative ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Hardworking and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a phenomenal team, great work/life balance, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for
- Improve the fulfilment and payment experience. You'll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints, discovery, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and service/customer mapping
- Partner with UX researchers to help your team develop empathy for our customers and advocate for their needs. Qualitative and quantitative data will be just some of the methods you will use to help advise your work
- Deliver valuable, high-quality and consistent work without sacrificing speed by using our Digital Design System and its standardised foundations, components and patterns
- Collaborate with different fields. You will work closely with UI designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, and business stakeholders to explore, build and deliver your designs.
- You will help other fields understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build the best products
- Provide feedback to other designers to help strengthen your team and Tesco as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and insight for our customers
- Line manage other UX designers and help them with the learning and development
- Work with the design lead and other seniors to nurture a positive, encouraging and inclusive team culture
You will need
- 5+ years commercial UX design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple subject areas including product and engineering
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
10% off One Stop
10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
20% off all F&F purchases
20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
25% off Tesco Café
50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
Cycle to work scheme
Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone's Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues - who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week - combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate - and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.