Join us as a Senior Visual Design Lead
- We'll look to you to be a passionate advocate for great customer experiences, bringing your creative and strategic thinking skills
- You'll be owning the UX visual design solutions that employ and improve our principles, standards and design patterns, centred around best practice, consistency and re-use
- In return, you’ll have a genuine impact on our customers, and will be well positioned to gain recognition for you and your work
What you'll do
As Lead you’ll be accountable for the visual design craft across all customer facing digital products for the retail bank, including our award winning mobile app, website and online banking. You will directly manage a team of designers, along with setting the visual and brand direction and digital standards for all teams developing digital products within the retail bank. Work as part of a bank-wide creative collective, working to define the visual language, design standards, patterns, and principles that centre around customer value, best practice, engagement, consistency and re-use.
As a Senior Visual Design Lead, you’ll be leading, inventing and designing websites and software applications which provide compelling and seamless customer experiences. This will be for native and browser-based experiences across desktop and mobile platforms. We’ll look to you to develop visual designs iteratively, working closely with user experience designers to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
Effectively, you’ll be driving and delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable UX designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and participate in content and application audits, including gauging the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Manage the close working relationships with product owners, UX designers, visual designers, and other stakeholders, to identify human-centred design (HCD) challenges at the proposition, conceptual, and user interface design for a given product or service
- Champion the best possible visual design solutions, standards, principles and processes
- Work with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and deliver user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Lead the design of solutions that employ and improve the organisation’s principles, standards, design patterns and styles, centred around best practice, consistency and reuse
- Influencing and collaborating with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a background in visual design, with an extensive portfolio that demonstrates both creative thinking and the delivery of effective and pleasing visual design solutions. You’ll have an eye for visual interaction details, coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to deliver against tight deadlines.
You’ll also need:
- Experience leading, managing and directing a team of visual designers, working across multiple streams of work
- An eye for visual interaction details, excellent creative skills and the ability to think creatively and laterally
- The ability to work in a user-centred design approach and successfully present your work and the rationale behind it
- Expertise in Adobe design suite or Sketch
- A good understanding of responsive and adaptive design
- Practical experience of Agile delivery methods and teams
- The ability to deliver against tight deadlines