Join us as a Service Analyst
- As a Service Analyst, you’ll be at the heart of helping to transform the bank, connecting with our customers, delivering continuously and learning and living our principles
- You’ll provide excellent service to our customers through the delivery of one or more service management disciplines, such as incident, problem, change, configuration, capacity, availability or configuration management
- The pace of change and associated training and development opportunities will create an engaging and supportive environment for you and help develop a broad range of transferable skills
What you'll do
In this role, you’ll plan, develop and undertake technical support for relevant platforms, activities and processes, as well as supporting the central points of customer contact and first or second level support using the incident management, change management and request fulfilment processes.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Providing efficient and effective support of IT systems
- Helping to take ownership for the service in the areas of specialist knowledge, keeping the customer at the forefront
- Acting with pace when recovering service, and with thoroughness when considering risk to service
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders involved in the delivery of service in the areas of technical knowledge
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a strong customer focus in their work, as well as a background in technical support. You’ll need excellent interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail, as well as an understanding of operational processes, services and systems in a banking context or something similar. A broad understanding of our business and its customers would also be an advantage.
Additionally, you'll need in-depth expert level experience of working in a managed file transfer estate across multiple operating systems, including working OS knowledge of Windows, Unix, Linux and z/OS. You'll also need experience of working in a project delivery driven environment, collaborating with technical, project management and business representatives to meet challenging timelines. Ideally, you'll also bring an understanding of the challenges and experience in a business as usual environment, with the ability to connect the impact of project delivery and service stability, and a view to building a future within the team where these two disciplines are closer aligned.
On top of this, you’ll bring:
- Expert level knowledge of Connect:Direct, along with experience in SFTP and FTPS
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- Knowledge of one or more service management disciplines
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- Knowledge and experience of operational principles