Independent Assessment Services delivered by Atos is an independent assessment provider assessing Personal Independence Payment (PIP) cases on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Our job is to help DWP understand how a person’s health condition or disability affects their daily lives.
Our team of trained Health Professionals includes registered nurses (both general and mental health specialists), physiotherapists, occupational therapists and paramedics. All our team are experienced practitioners and trained as disability analysts.
You will be the first point of contact for customers who attend the AC to undergo their Assessment with the Health Practitioner (HP). You will be responsible for supporting our customers and claimants who visit the AC along with our HPs who work out of the AC.
In this role you must be able to demonstrate that you meet our core values of integrity, collaboration, emotional intelligence and the highest levels of customer service that will ensure an excellent customer experience
- Front face of Atos managing the customer experience for all visitors and staff attending the AC, working at all times to maintain the highest levels of customer service
- Provide support to customers across a variety of activities e.g. answering general questions about the PIP assessment, assisting with enquiries on expenses claims from customers who have incurred costs to attend the AC
- Ensure the AC is fully prepared for the start of every single day, in terms of equipment/supplies and general appearance – ordering supplies/equipment/stationary as required to ensure sufficient stocks are maintained at all times.
- General administration duties; e.g. answering the telephone, copying, documents etc
- Working with the scheduling back office team ( based elsewhere) to ensure the HPs diaries are fully handled with no empty appointments
- Provide general support to HPs based or attending the AC.
- Act as the local Health and Safety contact e.g. responsible for ensuring DSE assessments are completed for any Atos staff based at the site
- Act as the key point of contact for the HPs for any IT issues, ensuring they are sophisticated to the accurate team, supervising the issue through to resolution – raising to manager if appropriate
- Dependent on AC location take ownership for opening and securely closing and making safe the AC
- Act as the Local Systems Administrator ensuring local systems issues are initially resolved, detailed and intensified to the Support desk if required.
Essential / Minimum Criteria
- You will be required to undergo and optimally gain a BPSS security clearance check in order to undertake this position.
- Understanding of claimants needs and appropriately responding in a caring manner when required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office package
- Proven influencing skills to support the delivery of an excellent customer experience
- Ability to maintain and develop working relationships
- Experience of working successfully in a customer facing environment
- Resilience and ability to take care of setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation is collated and accurate,
- Willingness to travel as the need arises by the business to cover at alternate ACs for absence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.