Service Desk Analyst
UK Defence Academy, Shrivenham, SN6 8LA
Full time, 37 hours
Sitting within a beautiful and secure site, the Defence Academy hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world.
The Service Desk is the single point of contact for all services at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, including ICT, Facilities and Logistics issues. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the handling of these requests to ensure that they are logged, progressed and resolved as quickly as possible in accordance with our SLAs.
The Service Desk operates between 0800-1800 Monday to Friday on a rota system.
Approximately 1 week in 5 is a late shift however this varies.
The role comes with its challenges however, you will be joining a supportive team and a friendly working environment.
What you need to do the job:
- Take a pro-active role within the Department to liaise with your customers and be fully conversant with your workload.
- Handle all telephone calls, emails, self-service and personal visits to the Serco Service Desk.
- Ensure all incidents & service requests reported to the Service Desk are correctly recorded and managed via the appropriate helpdesk tool.
- Carry out initial diagnosis, categorisation and prioritisation of all incidents and service requests and perform first line resolution where applicable.
- Escalate unresolved incidents to second line support teams.
- Assist in the production of monthly reports if required.
- Creation of user accounts in the People Directory and Active Directory in line with established Service Desk procedures.
- Configure and trouble shoot remote working tokens with customers working from home.
- Maintain an awareness of the customer's evolving needs from the Service Desk and help to identify how these needs could be met.
- Continuously monitor incidents to ensure that they are successfully resolved within contracted SLAs, and ensure the Coordinator / Head of Service Desk are alerted to incidents that are at risk of exceeding SLAs.
What we're looking for in our candidates:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical in approach, problem solving skills
- IT literate, willingness and ability to further increase IT skills
- Experience of working with IT in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of UK Military (desirable)
- It is a condition of employment that all employees undertake any task, within any department or area, that they are directed to perform which is relevant to the company's task at the Defence Academy, and is within the competence and ability of the employee.
- This job specification may need to be changed in the light of contract experience
What we offer:
There are a range of benefits for working at Serco including a salary of £22,239- £23,293 Per Annum and 25 days holiday. Our site offers plenty of free onsite parking and there are regular buses from Swindon and Faringdon taking approx. 20 mins. Other Serco benefits include; Up to 6% contributory pension scheme , Serco discounts including cinema, merlin
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.