Vacancy for a CHP Field Service Engineer.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a base level in-field multi-skilled service engineer working on our world leading Combined Heating and Power plants (CHP).
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong eye for detail either working on their own or as part of a team, have excellent Customer/Client communication skill set and ambitions to progress his or her career.
- Must have a minimum of a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC).
- Have carried out some form of in-field service role on reciprocating engines or generators.
- Be able to strip and repair a reciprocating engine down to component level.
- Have some knowledge of rotating equipment.
- Have excellent problem-solving ability
- Good IT Skills
- Have strong Health & Safety Awareness
- Excel in good housekeeping
Desirable Skill Set but not limited to:
- Working on CHP plants
- Working on generators
- Working on marine vessels
- Work on the following engines: MTU, CAT, Perkins, MAN, Mercedes, MWM
- Good working knowledge of three phase electrics
- Gas Engines
- A Gas Safe qualification
- Have a working knowledge of control panels
- Some form of Health & Safety Qualification
The successful candidate will have the knowledge they are joining a company that prides itself in providing training to aid an engineer's development as it has its own training academy.
- Bonus System (max to £8000 per annum)
- On-Call payment
- 25 days holidays per annum + bank holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company Contributory Pension
- Benefits Package linked to Pension
- Share Option scheme
- Full Company uniform
- Mobile Phone