Service Management Lead
Digital & Tech at M&S
We're changing the way we do things, and putting industry leading innovation at the heart of how we operate. You'll be joining one of the most iconic brands in the UK on its most exciting cycle yet. We're more integrated and product led in our tech teams than ever before: learning, changing, and adapting constantly, with millions of people benefiting from your work every single day.
We are seeking a passionate Senior IT Service Operations Lead to lead and implement the deployment of end-to-end services operations across all areas of our Enterprise Platform that comprises on-premises as well cloud capabilities, Working as an equal partner with the Product and Delivery teams you will ensure service delivery and operations. You will play a key role in driving our ambition to align our IT Service operation to provide the best IT services to colleagues across the business
What You'll Do Every Day
- IT Service Operations help maintain the availability and reliability of our Enterprise IT services. This is important for ensuring colleague satisfaction and systems stability, leading to improved productivity and operational efficiency.
- Improve existing ITSM processes and ensure consistency across all capabilities (Network, Workplace, Cloud etc) by leveraging industry standards, automation and best tools
- Laser focus on understanding and resolving underlying problems. This proactive approach helps in preventing recurring issues, leading to more stable and reliable IT services, leveraging existing observability and monitoring capabilities.
- Design and implement a ONE IT Helpdesk approach that leverages people, process and technologies to provide a best-in-class experience for colleagues across the estate (Support centre, Stores, Distribution centres etc) and abstract the complexities of IT to enable teams to achieve the best.
- Support ongoing resource optimizations and utilization by identifying areas of improvement and implementing best practices leveraging existing tools (ex: Flexera Cloudscape, Azure Tooling) and teams. This ensures that IT resources, including hardware, software, and FTE, are used efficiently to support business objectives.
- Through effective IT Service Operations, Support IT cost management of associated IT services. This includes optimizing processes, preventing unnecessary downtime, and ensuring that resource allocation.
- Identity areas of improvements and provide regular feedback to Product and Delivery teams
- Ensure IT services align with business objectives by understanding the direction and strategies, communicate business strategies to IT Service management teams and take the necessary actions to accompany change
- Support the wider Enterprise Architecture team to implement EA practices and standard where required and feedback on areas of improvements around IT Services Management (ex: Cloud/On-Prems CMDB, Automated change management)
You Should Apply If
- Leadership skills and ability to make strategic decisions
- Proficiency in IT Service Management frameworks, such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Knowledge of ITSM processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Service Level Management.
- In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure technologies both On-Premises and Cloud (Preferably Microsoft Azure and GCP)
- Experience Project/Program Management and Vendor Management
- Ability to coach and develop lesser experienced engineers
- Ability to work well with others in cross-functional teams
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to team members
Working for Us Means
- Hybrid Working
- Industry leading pension of up to 12% M&S contribution
- Bonus up to 40%
- 20% discount on M&S products
- Up to 2 weeks working abroad
- Learning days once a month, Tech/Ed days once a quarter and Hackathon every other quarter
- A range of wellbeing support (including free counselling and a virtual GP for you and immediate family)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching