Job Title: Service Manager – Children in Care
Salary: HC12 £59,238 - £65,151 (including Market Rate Supplement)
Closing date: 03/03/2024
We are looking for a permanent Service Manager to lead us through our improvement journey.
Leading the Children in care teams, your Service will work closely with children in our care, foster carers, residential providers and children’s families, and work alongside our corporate parenting partnerships. The role will also cover Family Centre and Family Connect. This role will have key insight into care experience children, permanence planning and preparation of young people for independence. It will also hold responsibility for the management of unaccompanied young people in need and transitions planning.
Herefordshire is on a journey and we would like you to be lead in our next chapter. This is an exciting opportunity to have a genuine impact on the local authority and help improve and protect the children and young people within it.
You will be a qualified Social Worker with significant experience of managing a team in a fast-paced environment. You will have worked in line with Working Together 2018 to safeguard children and actively promoted multi-agency working to ensure the right people are in place to reduce risk for children.
You will dedicated to supporting your team and colleagues while ultimately improving the lives of children and families within Herefordshire.
A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Basic Salary of £54,238 - £60,151
- Market rate supplement £5,000 per year
- Relocation packages: support of up to £10,000
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Professional development: protected time and budget to support social workers develop themselves and their careers.
- Generous Annual Leave: 31 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
Herefordshire is a beautiful, historic county located in the heart of the Marches on the border with Wales. We are one of the most rural and sparsely populated counties in England with a wealth of unspoilt countryside, distinctive heritage, and lively and attractive market towns.
Our priority in Herefordshire is to keep children safe and give them a great start in life. It’s the priority for the council, our partners and for all of us who work with Children & Young People.
How do we do this? By having dynamic, dedicated, passionate and professional staff who work in a culture that focuses on what we can achieve with children, what they can achieve themselves, and the relationship we build with families and partners to enable this. We have invested heavily in training and developing staff in our relational practice approach with our improvement partner Leeds City Council, so it's an exciting time to join Herefordshire – we believe in investing in you so you can be the best you can be!
Herefordshire has a really strong team ethos. Our teams are passionate about the work they do and the positive difference they and the teams they are in make to people’s lives. This is all underpinned by the focus and support from their managers and the council as a whole.
We will deliver better support to our most vulnerable children and their families, develop stronger relationships with partners across the region, and beyond.
Come to Herefordshire and join the journey.