We are the UK&I No.1 Catering services provider, a £2 billion revenue business, employing 60,000 talented people. We do it all. Tasty, healthy food that brings people together and makes them smile, and hospitality, building maintenance, cleaning and procurement services that make everyone's day just that little bit brighter. We work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, far flung oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 15,000 locations across the UK and Ireland.
We have an opportunity for a Service Operations Manager to join the central functions IT team. You will be responsible for the day to day service operations and core service management processes, specifically encompassing the functions of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, the Service Desk operations and the delivery of the 24x7 Computer Operations function. They will oversee the delivery of a highly compliant, scalable, customer focused and cost effective service to the Compass UK&I business. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Provide day to day management to a team of three direct reports and a wider team of 30+ analyst (service desk, computer operations and service management)
- Manage the D&T Service Desk function, ensuring a scalable, responsive, cost effective and customer focused IS&T Support service is provided through the deployment and management of internal or external resources.
- Ensure a robust and scalable Incident Management process is established and managed in line with industry best practice. This will involve the development and regular review of Incident Management process deliverables and ensuring compliance to defined Critical Success Factors and associated Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring and championing a Problem Management process to ensure both proactive and reactive problem management is not only performed operationally but is endemic across the UK IS&T department. Develop key metrics for reporting and monitoring success.
- Create, maintain and oversight of a BAU change management and release management process for BAU service, ensuring changes are implemented in a controlled and efficient way with no adverse impact on business operations. Champion a risk and ITIL based approach to the deployment of changes and releases into the production environment.
- Act as an escalation point for the Compass Group UK&I business for high priority issues and manage the Major Incident process ensuring rapid recovery of a usable service, ensuring there are regular and appropriate communications and the chairing the resulting root cause analysis.
- Development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of key processes, standards, and metrics tracking.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring Service Level Agreement(s) (SLA metrics) and other Key Performance Indicators pertaining to the delivery of the service operations functions.
- Support the HO Service Delivery and will participate in the development of service support and operations strategies
- Work closely with the Service Architecture function to ensure a smooth handover of new or modified production services into the BAU service model. This is to encompass the development of a service capability and capacity model to ensure the cost and impact on new services is measurable and demonstrable.
- Work with the rest of the Service Delivery management team to drive and champion a culture of Continual Service Improvement across the Service Operations functions and the wider D&T department, ensuring IT services are appropriate for business demand
- Must be able to demonstrate/effect strong IT Service Operations and Service Management skills both in terms of subject matter expertise' & a maturity in approach in engaging with & supporting the IT leadership team & the wider Business in general.
- The job holder must have excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills in order to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organisation.
- Possesses excellent organisational & analytical skills with an ability to work independently.
- A can do attitude with a proven ability to work at pace and drive change in an organisation
- People orientated with the ability to lead teams through periods of change and service improvement
Who we are:
- Experience of managing IT operations and services within a retail, food service, FMCG or fast paced and diverse business would be beneficial
- Experience across IT applications and infrastructure domains, outsourcing arrangements and/or managed services would be useful.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.