• Is accountable for the efficient and effective delivery of a range of support services across multiple contracts ensuring adherence to all service levels and KPIs
• Manages the performance and delivery of a range of resources and people in terms of resource allocation, capability development and service performance
• Leads a multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team, initially comprising of second and third line engineers, as well as SOC within the 24 hour DJSC. This will evolve in line with business needs
• Performs activities to assess current performance, develop and progress talent of those under their control
• Create performance improvement plans to manage low performers
• Ensures compliance with all corporate standards as appropriate
• Adherence to the resource governance model within the both the Delivery Unit and the wider DNS organisation:
o Drives the most effective and efficient use of resource
o Establishes and tracks an agreed framework that drives service quality and financial success
o Ensuring the resource management tooling is effectively managed
• Manages toolsets required to deliver results within the team
• Provides coaching and leadership, care and direction for all Direct Reports with a focus on growing capability, knowledge and expertise of employees
• Supports the delivery and co-ordination of succession planning and skills development to meet both current demand and future pipeline.
• Responsible for ensuring the following are completed in line with Delivery Unit priorities and D&NS standards:
o People Management
Personal development planning
• Acts as a single point of contact for the Defence Joint Service Centre regarding Service and Process related decisions and information sharing across the Delivery Unit
• Act as point of escalation for any service related issues and ensure a timely resolution
• Review any Requests for Change (RFC) received and align appropriately skilled resources to carry out the activities required and document in line with DJSC processes
• Create and agree a standard set of processes and procedures that will be utilised across multiple customers, providing any necessary training
• Create and maintain a Service Operations Manual for the direct reports for delivering the support services
• Ensure that a Continuous Service Improvement Programme (CSIP) is in place for the DJSC in conjunction with the DJSC Operations Manager and review on a monthly / quarterly basis
• Significant, extensive experience in leadership, growing and developing high performing teams.
• Possesses both the confidence and ability to work closely with all grades of colleagues including senior management
• Ability to maintain and manage risk within the Joint Service Centre.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fierce advocate and role model for the right behaviours - fairness, honesty, integrity - tolerance, in valuing and taking fullest advantage of our differences
• Committed wholly to personal and people development as part of daily work; displays a clear understanding of their people and knows how to get the best out of them
• Recognises and rewards based on individual performance
• Experience of managing teams that work on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis
• Ability to analyse and interpret data to measure performance of teams and SLA achievements
• Able to identify improvements and implement as necessary
• Experience in implementing service quality measures
• Identify and assist in the production of knowledge base documentation in conjunction with team leads
• Preparation of reports for Service review meetings and ad hoc reporting as needed
• Provide or arrange appropriate training to ensure that FJSC meet contractual obligations
• Team player that will share knowledge and experience with others but also able to work on own initiative
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
The Process Lead has responsibility for a specialist service management function within or for an account. They champion the Knowledge/Problem/Change/Incident Management processes within Service Delivery Management, monitor process effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement. They help to improve service standards using and building a comprehensive knowledge base, sharing best practice and liasing with customers (internal and external) to provide excellent service.
• Delivers a specialist service management function within or into a account
• Leads on elements of service delivery to lower management level within the customer(s) in order to deliver contracted service commitments & continual service improvements.
• Contributes to the service partnership as part of one service team with internal and external customers.
• Monitors, maintains and ensures compliance to their process specialisim
• Continually reviews the process and associated activities for efficiency and effectiveness, and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Analyzes and reports on details of issues and updates stakeholders accordingly
• Implements solutions to identified issues
• Produces and analyzes statistics to identify historical trends and knowledge gaps and provide relevant support and content via management reporting.
• Participates in regular reviews to resolve issues / review processes with relevant parties, such as Service Desks, Operations, Account Team etc