Are you a leader in software engineering? Can you nurture colleagues on the right engineering standards and principles? Do you want to be an integral part of the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Services Engineer Manager, you will be part of our APIs and Services team who provide support for engineering projects, and aim to reduce our dependency on third party systems. Your team is the spine of the Bank, they make sure all our technologies are able to communicate with each other. You and your team, will enable colleagues to utilise information from various technologies that will enhance their capabilities to deliver on projects. Your role will be integral to the growth of the software engineering team at Metro Bank.
This is a 4 month fixed term contract starting early November.
So what would you be doing?...
• Looking after a team of specialist lead engineers and engineers and contributing towards their development
• Overseeing our capabilities to allow multiple systems to communicate with each other
• Building a better experience for colleagues and customers
• Inspiring your talented team on integrations and reusable building blocks
• Being a thought leader on platform Risk and Controls
• Owning the platform SDLC
• Keeping up to date on the latest industry standards and new technologies
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to be an inspirational leader who is well versed in managing, developing and guiding engineering colleagues
• You will have strong experience as an Engineering Manager, and you will have experience with some of the following; IBM Integration Bus, Kafka, Springboot, Java programming or API gateways
• It would be amazing if you could demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Domain Driven Design and Event Driven Architecture
• We would get really excited if you can showcase your experience within a Scaled Agile environment
• In order to excel in this role you must be able to inspire and nurture your team, and help them to develop as specialist engineers
• Naturally you will have experience with web services such as SOAP, REST or Swaggers