Job title: Services & Maintenance Coordination Assistant (9564)
Location: Benbecula, Outer Hebrides
About the role
we are looking to appoint a Services & Maintenance Coordination Assistant providing direct support to a team of Multi-skilled Estates Maintenance personnel across all 4 sub sites that make up the Hebrides Range, including St Kilda.
Located on the UK MOD Hebrides Range on South Uist which delivers Weapons and Platform Training, Test and Evaluation Trials for the UK & International defence market.
In this role you will ensure that facilities maintenance tasks are assigned, and subsequently reconciled for auditing requirements. As part of the role you will provide assistance to the Soft Services Operational Lead to ensure effective operation of the Cleaning, Catering and Accommodation contract and associated facilities.
The role will be part of a wider team, reporting directly to site based Property Operations Maintenance Manager.
What do I need?
- A strong IT skill set, with good working knowledge of ISO standards and the compliance regime required to demonstrate such,
- An ability to provide advice, assurance and best practice (with relevant qualifications to support your experience).
- Experience dealing in subcontractor services.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
Please visit the National Security Vetting Solution: Guidance for Applicants page via the GOV.UK website.
What will I be doing?
- Regularly liaising with the Soft Services Operational Lead to plan availability of the Accommodation estate, supporting with contractor tasking, contractor induction, and gathering of records necessary for Health & Safety inductions
- Providing planning support to the Property Operational Leads enabling effective facilitation and co-ordination of third party contractors coming to site
- Act as deputy for the Site Waste Coordinator to support and maintain records
- Monitoring and tracking actions that demonstrate compliance to ISO standards
- Where necessary, providing administrative support to the wider Property Operations team for external and internal audits
- Supporting with all enquiries coming to the Property Operations management team.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.