We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mess Manager to join our team at Blandford Camp, Blandford looking after the Sgts Mess. Your role will be to ensure that the catering and accomodation operation runs efficiently as well as meeting and exceeding KPIs and SLAs set by our client. Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £22,000 per annum depending on experience
- 37.5hrs per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As the Mess Manager you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Management of health & safety procedures and standards at all times including adherence to food information regulations and food safety checks
- Management of the catering team to ensure all food production, service and financial targets are met
- Managing the menu cycle, food production planning, food purchasing and stock management
- Managing the team through effective communication & performance management
- Recruiting, training & developing the team and supporting the company Apprenticeship programme where applicable
- Managing the cleanliness of the kitchen and food service area
- Completing all bookwork and reporting as required
Who we are:
- Previous experience in the hospitality and catering sector
- Understand and work with set GPs and KPIs
- Able to conduct training and enforce policies and procedures
- Productive and proactive work ethic
- Good business knowledge of a food service operation
- Strong communication skills, able to engage and motive others
- Previous supervisory or management experience within a kitchen environment
- NVQ Level 2/3 in professional cookery or equivalent
- Basic or Intermediate food hygiene Level 2/3
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.