Hilton Brighton Metropole is now recruiting for a Shift Engineer to join the maintenance team full time. The hotel is set on the Vibrant Brighton seafront in a beautiful 1890’s building, compromising of 340 guest bedrooms, 29 meeting rooms, 3 restaurants, health club with indoor pool and sauna. Brighton Palace Pier, Royal Pavilion, the boutiques and bars of the Lanes and British Airways i360 viewing tower are all within walking distance.
Rate of pay: £11.78 per hour
Shift Pattern: Early (07:30 to 15:30) or Late (13:00 to 21:00)
• Working for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work in hospitality
• Work/Life balance: Regular days off, flexible working
• Payment: Competitive salary
• Travel and food discounts with Hilton
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to max 33)
• Pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free meals on duty
• Grow your career while having fun
• Personal Development: programmes at all levels to support your career
What will I be doing?
As a Shift Engineer, you are responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Shift Engineer will also be required to follow all company statutory and legal regulatory requirements during repairs.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Implement company statutory and legal requirements including fire, health and safety, hygiene, electricity at work, and all local by-laws
• Respond to all enquiries promptly
• Carry out maintenance repair work and ensure the appropriate PPE is worn during all repairs
• Maintain the green areas and car parks when applicable
• Follow planned preventative maintenance programmes
• Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers and contractors
• Ensure energy conservation initiatives are implemented
• Follow C.O.S.H.H regulations, in particular the storage of hazardous substances
• Attend additional training suitable to the role
What are we looking for?
A Shift Engineer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing or painting and decorating
• Relevant qualifications for the role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!