Title: Shift Technician
Division: UK & Europe/Defence/Space /
Base location: TCS Oakhanger GU35 9JE
Hours: 40 hours per week, working 12-hour day shifts across 365 days per year, 24 hours per day rota.
Competitive salary dependent upon experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Day Technician to join our existing team to be based at TCS Oakhanger in Bordon. Within this role you will be responsible for the configuration and real time operation of a variety of satellite ground and communication systems. You will also manage the performance of routine maintenance, system checks and tests, and fault troubleshooting / rectification. You will also be working as part of a team on days to provide flawless, uninterrupted satellite support whilst providing Subject Matter Expertise and leadership as required. Finally, working with the Duty Shift to achieve continuity and support to any mission site issues.
- Comply with the Serco Management Systems, UK, Europe and TCS policies / procedures
- Operate the ARTS, RBC and COMM systems as directed by the Training Supervisor or COO.
- Carry out or assist with planned maintenance activities and system troubleshooting as required.
- Provide technical expertise in fault finding during corrective maintenance activities.
- Will act as Senior person in area when required and check and report all events to the Duty Supervisor.
- If requested by the COO deputize for the Training Supervisor if absent.
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with information from the site's PMI database.
- Document all maintenance activity in accordance with site procedures in electronic and paper form.
- Will participate in a one in three weekly call-out rota along with the other Team Members.
- Carry out Risk assessment and Planned General Inspections as required.
- Carry out Level 2 PDM actions with Team. Working the same hours as needed to complete the
scheduled PDM site actions.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required. By consent.
What you need to do the job:
- GCSE Grade C Maths and English.
- ONC but will require HNC (or equivalent) Electronic Engineering.
- CompTIA Network+ and follow on to Security +.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft MS packages.
- Willing to travel overseas if required.
- Ability to achieve SC (Security Clearance).
- Full Driving Licence and a willingness to drive company vehicles.
- Willing to become Crypto Authorised & if required carry out duties of a Deputy Crypto Custodian.
- Willing to become a rescue climber
- Able to train to proficient Level 2 Technical role and support Level 1 Technicians
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.