Position: Site Manager
Business Unit: Kier Living
Sub Location: Bristol
You can shape the world around you with Kier Group. We're one of the UK's leading names in construction - inspiring innovations in a multitude of market sectors - and wherever you join us, you'll be able to achieve and collaborate with one of the country's most established and inspired forward thinkers in construction, property, residential and services.
Kier Living is at the forefront of tackling the unprecedented demand for new housing in the UK. Government, local councils and housing associations trust our expert team and 100-year pedigree to deliver affordable mixed tenure and high-quality private developments - a commitment that's seeing us build thousands of new homes every year, offering you a valued role in meeting the housing needs of a nation.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for managing the construction of a development, including all associated pre and post housebuilding works, ensuring that targets are met regarding Health and Safety, delivery to build programme, quality, customer service and cost.
- Co-ordinate labour, materials and resources on site and approving payments to trades and contractors where appropriate;
- Ensure that all plots are built to the highest standard of quality, complying with the NHBC Standards, Building Regulations, range specifications and best practice;
- Undertake quality control procedures and inspections when required and rectifying any defects so as not to incur additional cost, delays, or reduction in the final quality;
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site construction team is fully resourced and well-directed and are provided with full support in achieving their responsibilities by clear communication, training and development, and the good organisation;
- Show a good behavioural example in all aspects of health and safety, organisation, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience of working to an established build programme and managing priorities;
- Member of the CIOB and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management, or a time served tradesman with considerable experience across a variety of construction trades;
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of construction and housebuilding, and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
In return we are offering a competitive salary and package as well as the support and scope to build a long and fruitful partnership with Kier.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy