Site Manager | Washington, United Kingdom | GB10500
We are looking for a Site Manager to join our dynamic and fast paced team our Washington Transit Point working on behalf of Kuehne + Nagel Drinks Logistics.
KN Drinks Logistics is a specialist drinks only service provision, with a client portfolio of internationally recognized brands, it is our mission to create profitable growth by becoming the partner of choice to the Drinks Industry. The successful candidate will have the responsibility manage a team of Warehouse and Fleet Operatives with the assistance from Support Managers. They will be responsible for ensuring the cost effectiveness, efficiency, and service standards of the transit point operations. In addition they will play a vital role in shaping the culture of the workforce plus supporting and developing the team through leading, coaching, and communication.
- Ensure safe operation of distribution and warehousing activities across the site whilst ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation and safe systems of work in line with road transport legislation
- Manage and supervise all activities of the Transit Points, ensuring safe operation of distribution and warehousing activities across the site, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation and safe systems of work in line with road transport legislation
- Manage employee relations and the development of a positive, co-operative and mutually supportive working culture amongst all employees
- Ensuring compliance of the operation to all internal and industry standards and legal requirements. Ensure all night-time operations are conducted accordingly
- Training, motivating and developing teams so that they deliver the required levels of customer service, productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Continuously seek to optimise the cost-effectiveness, productivity and customer service levels
- Transit Point through planned and regular communication mechanisms and the proactive accessing of the National Ways of Working and Regional Operating Agreements
- Operational decisions concerning processes across Transit Points which impact on costs and service. Maintain contact with any third parties working on site, to avoid any conflicting activities in shared areas
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience of operational distribution management
- Experience in managing employee relations and customer/trading relations
- A good level of IT literacy, including knowledge of SAP mainframe system
- People management experience of professional competence holder (CPC) - highly preferred
- Ability to present and communicate effectively with excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership, written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Team working and customer focussed attitude
- Sound financial understanding and commercial awareness
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We think that this is a great opportunity to support a high-profile centre of excellence, and we are looking forward to reviewing applications from candidates who are committed to success and delivering an excellent service. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 after 5 years' service).
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team