This is an exciting opportunity to lead and further develop an experienced, innovative and forward-thinking team working across a variety of disciplines. The team is responsible for the development and reporting of Resource and Service Planning, public performance reporting and contributes towards the Council's strategy direction.
You will undertake the strategic and operational leadership role in respect of ensuring the Council develops long term actions to deliver its Sustainability Strategy while meeting all legislative requirements and continues to deliver the objectives of the new Good Food Strategy.
You will be the day to day liaison officer with South Lanarkshire Leisure & Culture who manage and operate the Council's leisure and culture activities.
You will report to the Head of Service, manage, support and direct a function within a service effectively deploying and adapting resources to meet service delivery and performance standards and mobilise the energies and talents of the employees.
Applications online - Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
This post has been politically restricted in terms of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Main Accountabilities include:
- Develops and leads the Resource's approach to Resource and Service Planning, public performance reporting and contributes towards the Councils strategy direction
- Manage the effective involvement of key stakeholders and service providers in the delivery of the Good Food Strategy
- Lead the development of links with strategic partners in all sectors to ensure the delivery of South Lanarkshire's Sustainability Strategy and the evolving Climate Change agenda
- Through effective project management manage a range of capital projects, including working with 3rd sector groups to attract external funding to invest and improve Council assets
- Lead and manage effective operational links with South Lanarkshire Leisure & Culture
You must have the ability to inspire others, be adaptable and work well in a challenging and demanding environment with a wide range of stakeholders. You should be solution focused, with excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Suitable candidates for this exciting role will demonstrate experience and understanding of the key challenges facing Community and Enterprise Resources. You should also have:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Relevant expertise in a senior managerial role and awareness and experience of the political environment within local government
You must be able to travel around South Lanarkshire.