O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world's most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We're always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2. About the Team:
The Smart Metering Architecture team own the Communication Service Provider end to end Architecture for the UK south and Central Smart Metering Implementation Program. We are responsible for the technical solution and evolution of the solution to support the ongoing business needs. We provide thought leadership in best practices and evolving market capabilities.Your Role:
- To liaise with other parts of the business to make sure that Smart Metering and other Operating Business capabilities are synergised where possible. To drive down overall ToC over the lifetime of the contract and rationalise capability across the architecture. They shall collaborate with the Strategy team to take advantage of / implement new technologies where appropriate
- To liaise with DCC and BEIS regarding Design Assurance, Design Issues and attend regular meetings to progress thought leadership of ongoing concerns.
- To make sure that security compliance is adhered while driving rationalisation opportunities.
- Act as Design Authority for all Smart Metering Architectural and Design decisions and validate DCC technical submissions.
- Drive product design and delivery/ evolution while keeping a close eye on commercial and financial factors
- Maintaining a view of end to architecture ensuring the standards of the business / required solution are adhered to.
- Manage industry requirements, create strategies to enable opportunities what is outside of current solutions proposition, proposing solutions when appropriate.
- Provide insight and suggestions in remediation of technical or business process failures.
- Ensure all workstream participants know and fulfil their responsibilities.
Skills & experience:
- Ensuring technical architecture compliance is applied rigorously to all implementations
- Ensure the appropriate business resources are assigned and utilized effectively throughout the duration of the programme
- Managing Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies - Ensuring that all deliveries and key dependencies are aligned and key risks/issues are communicated and understood, and are being managed; recommending remedial action if appropriate.
- Manage the architecture input to and ownership of Customer Change Request Preliminary Assessments and Impact Assessments for DCC facing change.
- Manage and create Vision cards and Engagement assessments for internal change.
- Where required represent Telefónica at smart metering standards bodies.
- Strong background in large scale architecture deployments, communications protocols, systems integration and project delivery.
- Highly experienced in installing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise software. Ideally your enterprise software experience will cover smart metering software such as MDM or Head End technologies, however, all enterprise software knowledge will be considered for this position e.g. CRM, ERP, WFM etc (i.e. Oracle, IBM, SAP etc)
- Ideally know about risk management, health & safety and engineering standards too.
- Experience in designing and deploying large scale solutions, preferably government facing. Able to analyse requirements and translate into applications architecture solution.
- Understand the constraints of non-functional requirements.
- You will come from an Applications Architecture background working for global organisations with complex structures and a broad technology knowledge: BSS, OSS, Integration, ideally in the energy / utilities space.
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica's commitment to flexible working allows us to consider requests for part time and flexible working hours to be options for this role. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you'll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There's so much to discover. Your career starts here.