About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Principal Cyber Monitoring/SOC Analyst who will provide the day-to-day operational cyber monitoring/SOC capability management using the data centre security solutions to monitor alerts and view custom dashboards, to keep the environment secure.
The role will also work with the wider dedicated and focused IT infrastructure team in ensuring patching is kept up to date on core infrastructure hardware, applications and services in line with change control processes. The role holder will also be required to interface with Babcock and customer SOC/security individuals, and provide management reports and answering custom queries related to the security of data centre operations.
- Cyber monitoring/SOC infrastructure maintenance
- Ensure high levels of security on the supported data centre platforms, including working with 3rd party vendors, wider stakeholders within Babcock and customer security teams
- Ensuring the health of all SOC/monitoring tools including Splunk, Cribl, Solarwinds, McAfee EPO, Eracent and Tripwire; including maintaining a healthy ingestion of logging events into the SIEM, and develop and tune toolsets
- Threat monitoring and threat intel
- Cyber monitoring enhancements including supporting on projects, integrate SOC tooling, defining system security requirements and supporting the onboarding of new technologies
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with different internal teams, and collaborate with stakeholders and external IT support functions
- Gives instruction to less experienced IT colleagues
- Responds to enquiries by management, specialists or others and is able to deal with a range of problems including those of high complexity
- Conducts investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement, and implements them when appropriate
- Participates in reviews of systems performance, provides consultancy, advice and assists specialists or other system or service providers
- Supporting the installation and configuration of new applications from a Cyber monitoring/SOC perspective
What do I need to do the role?
- Proven experience within multiple IT Security functions with building and maintaining cyber security systems and tools
- Experience with multiple SIEM tools and monitoring platforms
- Knowledge of patch management of hardware, software and services including Windows, Linux systems/applications
- Advanced understanding of networking principles, IT architecture fundamentals and of SOC toolsets available
- Experience using Linux and Windows operating systems and proficient system administration skills
- Understanding of applying Cyber monitoring capabilities on to complex Oracle applications/systems
- Experience of network/switch/firewall management & configuration
- General VMware vSphere/ESX infrastructure knowledge
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role, including DV clearance
- Due to the nature of the responsibilities, this role is 100% office based
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.