Job Title: Social Impact Manager
Location: Crowne House- Southwark
Business Unit: Land Centre
Salary: Attractive plus Benefits
About the role
We are seeking an individual who can contribute to the Land Sector team in developing our Social Value proposition. Working to the HSE and Sustainability Director, the successful candidate will be accountable for the development and execution of the sector social value strategy.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
* Formulate the overarching sector social value strategy and ensure the strategy has the necessary resources and focus to be implemented;
* Work closely with the Business Development and bids teams in understanding the social value elements of major bids within our pipeline;
* Formulate social value propositions for major bids in line with the overarching strategy, leveraging the strengths of the sector, the wider Babcock group, collaborations with external business/charities and current initiatives;
* Develop and collaborate with an internal and external network of relationships to help influence and persuade others as to the benefits of our social value propositions;
* Coordinate the implementation and execution of the Sector and major bid social value strategies and report progress, issues, risks and barriers to successful outcomes;
* Report to the HSE and Sustainability Director on strategy development, strategy execution, initiative outputs and outcomes, specific project and sector social value metrics.
What do I need to do the role?
We are seeking someone who has demonstrated commitment to corporate responsibility, social impact, sustainability, corporate purpose, or a related field.
Work experience and/or academic studies in one or more of the following fields is preferred: sustainability, corporate responsibility, social and environmental issues management, non-profit management.
We're looking for someone who is:
* experienced in developing and implementing a unifying Social Impact strategy;
* commercially-minded and able to embed the Social Impact strategy into the way business decisions are made across the organisation;
* able to show a track record of being a change agent both internally and externally, with a proven ability in galvanising groups towards a common vision;
* able to earn trust quickly and build relationships with any member of the business and to build partnerships with external stakeholders/organisations;
* able to demonstrate programme management skills, including the ability to develop and implement plans to achieve outcomes and the ability to manage multiple internal customers;
* able to identify appropriate data sources, interpret the information and use it to translate analysis into meaningful recommendations and actions for internal and external audiences;
* participate actively with points of view, ideas and opinions in meetings and other forums;
* think creatively, independently, and strategically to solve problems and develop solutions;
* has a deep understanding of the UK government's social value model, including driving business improvements and continuing to nurture a culture that supports COVID-19 recovery, the tackling of economic inequality, the fighting of climate change, equal opportunity, and the health & well-being of our people and communities;
* able to demonstrate mastery of Microsoft products (Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with strong attention to detail.
* Education (degree): BA or BS (or equivalent) in one of the following fields preferred: Sustainability; Corporate Responsibility; Non-profit Management; Business; Economics;
* Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of International Affairs/ Development, Master of Sustainability/Corporate responsibility or similar.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.