Do you live and breathe social media? Are you passionate about finding engaging ways to connect with consumers to grow a following across all social media platforms? Would you like to work for a Bank that is revolutionising the entire industry? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As our Social Media Manager you will be focused on driving forward the direction of our social media strategy, with engaging relevant content that connects with consumers, builds our brand and creates fans. You will be working closely with our Head of Digital Marketing during this exciting time for Metro Bank as you bring to life our ambitious plans.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Using platform knowledge and creative skills to create boundary-pushing, attention-grabbing social content
• Working with stakeholders across the bank to develop the social content calendar
• Creating, scheduling and publishing differentiating content across multiple social media channels
• Being engaging, relevant, responsive, of-the-moment and deliver surprise and delight moments to our fans
• Continuously find new ideas that will bring our unique brand personality to life through social and acquire new followers
• Implementing a tone of voice across social media that complements the Metro Bank tone of voice
• Providing ongoing support for social media customer service colleagues, helping to maintain an amazing customer experience
• Demonstrating and making sure of best practice and compliant use of social media across the Bank
• Sharing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and insights and using social listening
• Transforming the Bank of today into the Bank of the future through annual to monthly marketing planning
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally you will have previous experience working as a Social Media Manager, Digital Marketing Manager or Digital Communications Planner
• You’ll have experience of delivering highly successful and engaging social media strategies which bring to life a brand experience
• To be successful in this role you will have a proven record of establishing social media presence, always on the cutting edge of new thinking and technical developments within the social and digital world
• Ideally you’ll have experience writing engaging copy, can work to a specified tone of voice and have basic Photoshop skills
• Outstanding organisational skills, an ‘eagle like’ attention to detail and experience working with multiple stakeholders at all levels is important.
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates. Good luck!