Job Title: Social Worker Assessment Team
Salary: HC8 £38,945- £43,223 (including £5,000 market rate supplement per year)
We are looking for experienced Social Workers to help us on our improvement journey.
Working within the Assessment Team, you will work directly with children and families, alongside other staff within the Directorate and partner agencies. Ensuring referrals are responded to in a child focused and timely way, you will carry out assessments and investigate concerns so that a decision can be made regarding the most appropriate support for the child and family.
You will be fully qualified (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent), with a minimum of 2 years experience in statutory social care. With honed skills in assessment, report writing, and managing a complex caseload, you will be dedicated to improving the lives of children and families within Herefordshire.
Herefordshire is on a journey and we would like you to be part of our next chapter. This is an exciting opportunity to have a genuine impact on the local authority and help improve and protect the children and young people within it.
A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Social Worker starting salary of £38,945- £43,223 (including £5,000 market rate supplement per year).
- Welcome payment £5,000 for experienced social workers joining our children’s teams
- Relocation packages: support of up to £10,000
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Professional development: protected time and budget to support social workers develop themselves and their careers.
- Career progression: clear pathways to progress to senior social worker level
- Generous Annual Leave: 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
- Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.