We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Social Workers who have the child's voice at the heart of everything they do to join us in our Family Safeguarding Team!
We use the Family Safeguarding Model and since it's launch in 2020 we have seen amazing changes throughout Cambridgeshire. It enables our practitioners to work alongside specialist adult workers with domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health expertise working to identify areas of strengths and areas to improve to implement appropriate plans to produce better outcomes for families. Our practitioners take part in joint monthly discussions with all those working directly with children, young people and families, and have opportunities to develop with our Motivational Interview Training.
If this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we would love to hear from you! For more information, call Beth on 01223 475920 or email email@example.com.
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, don't wait to apply!
In Children's Services we are working to reshape what we do and how we do it. Why not be part of it?
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We support flexible working requests from day one of employment and so we are open to discussing different working patterns to help you bring your best self to work. Our benefits
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
- We offer a generous mileage allowance
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to free support 24 hours a day
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information. What will you be doing?
Day-to-day responsibilities of a Social Worker in Family Safeguarding include:
- Act as the lead professional and ensure all matters in respect of safeguarding are dealt with promptly, effectively and in line with child protection procedures, escalating where necessary.
- Undertake assessments to identify and respond to needs, building on strength and ensuring that analysis is robust and leads to clear outcomes that can be met through SMART targets.
- Engage with children, young people, and their families to develop effective and empowering relationships which facilitate change and improve outcomes.
- Produce reports and plans for a variety of forums, including court, which are child focussed and reflect their experience.
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We will not be able to accept applications from Newly Qualified Social Workers for this role as we recruit to our ASYE programme at the beginning of each year. For more information and to register your interest roles and be notified when we're recruiting Newly Qualified Social Workers, head to our website . About us
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.