Are you looking for a new challenge? We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to work across our Prevention and Safeguarding and our Long Term and Review teams This new post will help to provide flexibility and resilience across both teams and help support our current staff teams. If you want to be part of this new initiative we want to hear from you………..
We want to hear from qualified Social Workers with:
- Extensive experience in Adult Social Care including completing Care Act assessments and creative support planning
- Experience of completing safeguarding enquiries, mental capacity assessments and court work
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated information clearly
- Ability to triage referrals from members of the public and professionals, assessing risk, seeking out essential information and completing comprehensive records
- Registered with Social Work England
About the role…
As the Social Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- To undertake Care Act assessments (including complex cases), mental capacity assessments, safeguarding enquiries, Court of Protection work including community DoL
- To triage referrals and where appropriate provide a rapid response where enquiries indicate a level of risk
- Operate the Single Point of Access (Adult Duty) to provide an effective response to a wide range of queries
- To promote and contribute to the safety and well-being of all people in the community through the implementation of the Leicester Leicestershire and Rutland safeguarding adults’ policies and procedures
Your skills and experience will continuously develop with Rutland. You will receive regular 1-1 meetings and supervision with your manager and you will have access to training and other opportunities to support your continuing professional development. and work amongst a team passionate about working with adults. We genuinely care about how you are doing, not just about performing the job, but how we can help you be the best you can be.
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS and your Social Work England registration are paid by us.
The Social Worker interviews will be held in August. Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice. We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice. As well as working from home, we feel it is important that you have opportunity to spend time in the workplace with your colleagues to help you learn, develop and engage. This is balanced to meet the needs of the service and in agreement with the line manager.
You will need a full UK driving licence as you will be required to travel around the county.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Katherine Willison, Team Manager - Prevention & Safeguarding on 01572 758409 or at email@example.com
How to apply:
Click on the apply button which will redirect you to the Jobs Go Public (JGP site) where we handle all of our vacancies. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process. Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.