What did you want to be when you grew up? Help our county's children achieve their ambitions and #UnlockYourPotential with us.
We're looking for qualified Social Workers & Senior Practitioners to join us in our Assessment Team, a fast-paced, exciting and rewarding team where Children and Young People are at the heart of everything we do.
Join us and be the first step in a Child or Young Person and their family getting support from Social Care. We use a holistic approach to identify strengths and understanding needs, working with the Child or Young Person's network, and drawing up plans for intervention and support.
Our team is supported by Children's Information and Advice Officers (CIAOs) which makes administrative tasks much more manageable.
If this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we would love to hear from you! For more information, call Beth on 01223 475920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, don't wait to apply!
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We support flexible working requests from day one of employment and so we are open to discussing different working patterns to help you bring your best self to work. Our benefits
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
- We offer a generous mileage allowance
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to free support 24 hours a day
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information. What will you be doing?
For Social Workers in Assessment, day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Act as the lead professional and ensure all matters in respect of safeguarding are dealt with promptly, effectively and in line with child protection procedures, escalating where necessary.
- Undertake assessments to identify and respond to needs, building on strength and ensuring that analysis is robust and leads to clear outcomes that can be met through SMART targets.
- Engage with children, young people, and their families to develop effective and empowering relationships which facilitate change and improve outcomes.
- Produce reports and plans for a variety of forums, including court, which are child focussed and reflect their experience.
Or as a Senior Practitioner in Assessment, you will be:
- Provide leadership in high complex cases which involve risk, complexity and safety of children, young people and families.
- Provide written and verbal reports for a variety of settings, including court, that are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
- To lead, guide and direct Social Workers and Child Practitioners, supporting with their performance and development, including supervision.
- Support in planning, allocation and review of cases.
- Support with the recruitment and induction of staff.
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We will not be able to accept applications from Newly Qualified Social Workers for this role as we recruit to our ASYE programme at the beginning of each year. For more information and to register your interest roles and be notified when we're recruiting Newly Qualified Social Workers, head to our website . About us
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we firmly believe benefits our colleagues, the organisation and our communities. If you don't meet every single requirement in the job role but think this could be you, please don't be put off. We are committed to building a workplace that is compassionate and inclusive as well as diverse, so if you think you could be a good candidate for this role please consider applying and speak to the recruiting manager if you have any questions.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, along with our employee network 'IDEAL' and self-organised peer support groups help us to foster an inclusive, supportive and safe working environment where people feel valued, respected, and empowered. We collect relevant diversity data for monitoring as part of the recruitment process to understand the diversity of our applicants and monitor any trends throughout the recruitment processes so that we can take meaningful action.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We fully support providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, as well as when you join us, and we encourage candidates to contact the Hiring Manager, whose details can be found in the advert, to discuss any adjustment needs. Some examples of adjustments could include additional time to complete an assessment or printing a document on pastel coloured paper with larger font size and line spacing. We would value talking about what might be possible to enable you to join us and thrive, so if there is something that would help you to do your best during your journey with us, please get in touch.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.