Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Software Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- Day-to-day, you'll build a wide network of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
- We're offering this role at associate level
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using your extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that're often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers.
You’ll also need:
- At least 3 years of experience in Pyspark design and development skills for building data pipeline
- To be well versed with SQL and Big Data concepts
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- Experience of working on AWS or AWS CLI
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance