Job title: Software Engineer (C++ & Linux)
At QinetiQ we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Protecting and improving cyber resources to overcome challenges and threats. System failure, data theft, inappropriate use, unauthorised access, cyber attacks. The world's data and the systems that hold it face challenges every day, so security is paramount. We help our customers protect the independence and integrity of their critical infrastructure, improve the interoperability of their systems and help them test, evaluate, experiment, exercise and train their employees in defending their critical business systems to reduce and overcome threats before they happen.
Purpose of the role:
You will play an important role in the team taking ownership for your work packages, supporting the delivery of cutting-edge projects, shaping how delivery is executed and applying your development experience across a range of activities from research to embedded product development to cloud computing.
Having experience of the full software development lifecycle from requirement capture through to go live, you will be comfortable directing more junior staff and be able to communicate effectively with our customers.
Essential Skills for the Software Engineer (C++ & Linux):
- Eligible for SC clearance
- Experience of the full lifecycle software development from concept through to delivery
- Project experience using C++
- Linux middleware development is a must
- Skilled with agile development methodologies
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Desirable Skills for the Software Engineer (C++ & Linux):
- Experience with DDS (Data Distribution Service)
- Experience with MATLAB or LabVIEW
- Experience integrating communications stacks (Voice/IM)
What's in it for the Software Engineer (C++ and Linux)?
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Excellent Salary
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.