Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer
- You’ll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
- This role is available at associate level
What you'll do
You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
Additionally, you'll maintain source codes sets and necessary technical documentation, and create, analyse and resolve incidents along with performing daily health checks.
- Develop APEX components, pages, reports and underlying database objects, packages, procedures and functions
- Design and develop reusable libraries and application programming interfaces for use across the bank
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Support the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- The ability to design, develop and support consumption of feed files into the Oracle system using API, JDBC, File, XML and similar
- Experience building queries and integrating data from multiple data streams using PL/SQL, SQL like ETL or SSIS
- Knowledge and experience of GIT and extensive experience in TOAD, SNOW, AutoSys and CyberArk
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies