Join us as a Software Engineer
- In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- We’ll look to you to design and engineer software focusing on the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career as you develop the discipline of software engineering across the business
What you'll do
Joining our Enterprise Systems Application Performance Management (APM) team, you'll be responsible for supporting, maintaining, deploying and configuring our strategic APM tooling so our key applications have optimal APM monitoring in place when they go live. You’ll also design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting and exceeding the anticipated load, performance and availability volumes, including load balancing, performance testing and benchmarking.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Providing support for APM tools, working with our Middleware Platform teams as well as Application Management, Application Development and business units
- Managing the life-cycle of the APM tools, ensuring all products are fully supported and maintained b
- Working closely with the Projects and Development teams to ensure that APM is deployed and configured, and that the metrics are gathered to meet the project’s requirements
- Producing high quality software which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
The skills you'll need
A background in software engineering, software design and architecture will be needed along with an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers. You’ll also have experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking or stubbing and unit testing tools.
You'll demonstrate strong systems management and enterprise management skills with a focus on application performance management and a proven background in supporting APM tools. A good understanding of the end to end flow of events and alerts from source through to a service management system will also be needed.
You’ll also need:
- Strong general and current technology knowledge in particular with respect to technology deployment in Financial Services and other innovative technology users
- Knowledge of CA Introscope, CEM, WTG and AppDynamics
- Deep specialist knowledge in a number of enterprise management toolsets and associated technology
- Core Java and Java Framework skills such as Struts, Hibernate and Faces
- Experience of Application Services such as IBM WebSphere, GlassFish. JBOSS , Service Orientated Architecture and Micro Services
- Experience of providing APM services on Cloud Platforms
- Essential programming experience in core scripting languages such as Shell , Python, ASP, HTML, PHP, Java Script