Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven SWIFT Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You'll design and deploy software with the customer experience as the primary objective
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
What you'll do
As a SWIFT Engineer for the bank, you’ll design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting and exceeding the anticipated load, performance and availability volumes, including load balancing, performance testing and benchmarking. Working within a feature team, you'll be deploying software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of our SWIFT platform. As such, you'll be working closely with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform as well as other key stakeholders to understand delivery objectives, goals and requirements.
As well as this, you'll be the key delivery resource using your deep technical knowledge and experience to accept vendor updates, upgrades and patches, configuring them to be deployed into the bank's SWIFT platform.
You’ll also be:
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a background in SWIFT engineering, software engineering, software design, architecture, and with an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers. You’ll also have experience of the SWIFT application suite, such as SAG, SAA, AWP or AMH.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Coding experience in multiple programming languages
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- A background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance