Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Software Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers.
You’ll also need:
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability application programming interfaces using proven frameworks and technologies for use across the bank wide applications
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Coding experience in multiple programming languages as well as writing unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- A background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance