Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an exciting role where you'll work as a hybrid analyst or developer on the Customer Decisioning Engine system which processes lending risk data for circa 14 million accounts
- You'll be working on a technology stack including AWS, Pyspark and Hive
- You’ll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and application programming interfaces for use across the bank
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Support the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
It would be advantageous for you to have knowledge of credit risk data, knowledge of or willingness to learn GIT, Apache Spark, Airflow, HIVE or AWS cloud technologies EMR, S3, cloudwatch, and Unix basic knowledge.
You’ll also need:
- 2+ years commercial development experience in python
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales
- An understanding of how to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams