Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Software Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You'll be engineering and maintaining innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll design and develop high volume, high performance and high availability application programming interfaces and software using proven frameworks and technologies for use across bank-wide applications.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Helping to reuse and share platform components and technologies within the software engineering team to deliver software components to achieve business outcomes for platforms, applications and services
- Writing unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- A background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance