Join us as a Solution Designer
- Take on a varied role, where you’ll own the end-to-end high-level business design for a project, programme or initiative
- You’ll be working with a range of stakeholders to identify investment priorities, define opportunities and shape journeys to meet our strategic goals
- This is a chance to shape the future of our business and gain great exposure across the bank in the process
What you'll do
As a Solution Designer, you’ll engage with relevant stakeholders as a single point of contact for design aspects. You’ll be representing the design function at governance forums and working with enterprise architects to make sure standards and principles are adhered to. You’ll also analyse requirements into coherent end-to-end designs, taking the business architecture into account.
Other duties include:
- Translating requirements into a series of transition state designs and an executable roadmap
- Delivering cost-effective designs for the business and aligning solutions with the corresponding business or IT architecture
- Documenting the relevant design in accordance with standard methods
- Making sure the solution design is aligned to the portfolio or enterprise architecture target state
The skills you'll need
You’ll already have a background in solution design and experience of using industry standard models and tools. A minimum of 7+ years of experience in designing or architecting large-scale cloud, big data, and NoSQL implementations on-premise and on cloud. Alongside good communication skills, you’ll also need the ability to lead and collaborate with both internal and external teams.
We’ll also want to see:
- Knowledge of architectural/design forums within data analytics and outside
- A broad understanding of the financial services environment and regulatory frameworks
- An expert understanding of building large-scale systems using Python, developer tools, CI/CD, DevOps, Terraform.
- Expertise in AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, various Databases & Storages, Cloud Formation, Lambda , AWS
- Experience in public cloud products, cloud-native architectures, serverless frameworks, Docker or Kubernetes, data security, resiliency and creating/maintaining optimal architectures