Solvay Team Leader | Reading, United Kingdom | GB11630
We have a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join our team in Reading as a team leader on the prestigious Solvay contract.
Kuehne + Nagel are the distribution hub for Solvay despatching goods worldwide via air, road and sea. Solvay is a carbon fibre manufacturer. The successful candidate will ensure all orders are picked, packed, labelled and despatched in accordance with all of the requirements of the customer.
- Ensure all Solvay orders are picked, packed, checked and despatched in a timely fashion and to the standards expected by the customer.
- Update the Solvay Master Sheet in real time ensuring it accurately reflects our current operational position and that all chargeable and non-chargeable activity has been captured.
- Perform the final dock check on all orders prior to despatch.
- To conduct a thorough handover at the start and end of shift, allocating tasks to Warehouse Operatives as required.
- Act as the single point of contact within the dock despatch area for all Solvay related matters.
- Ensure all Solvay areas are maintained and hygiene is of a good standard. Ensure full compliance to the temperature recorder process.
- Ensure any picking, packing or labelling errors are identified, recorded and rectified prior to despatch.
- Ensure all Solvay pallets located in air locations are adequately secured and QSHE compliant.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Basic maths and English at GCSE level
- Previous operational experience - picking, packing, labelling, goods in/out, despatching
- Air freight, dangerous goods, supervisory experience.
- Flexibility and team player
- Reach Truck, PPT, Counterbalance,
- Basic understanding on Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Diligent, methodical,
- Customer focused with excellent attention to detail.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team