We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Sous Chef with a real passion for food where you'll be able to develop your career with the world's leading food service and facilities management company. We're successful and we deliver the sort of people focused care that's always in demand. So, add your talents to ours and see how far you can go as a Chef with Compass Group.
From fine dining for six to feeding an Army, as a talented Sous Chef, you will support the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best in class food offer to military and civilian personnel. You will also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side, by delivering concepts such as Street Food through to Banquets, delivering high end dining from start to finish. Job Description
More about the role:
- £10.75 per hour, 40 hours per week
- Based in Bickleigh, PL6 7AJ
- Compass exclusive offers on Perks at Work
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Are you a Sous Chef looking for a quality work life balance creating great food whilst joining a company that invests in its people, recognises great work when they see it and provides plenty of opportunities for career growth? Then look no further because here at ESS we know that when people are happy and satisfied it shines through!
- At ESS we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors.
Working for this prestigious client, we are seeking a Sous Chef to join our fantastic team who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Working in a team producing high end and high-quality food
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Stock taking
- Catering for staff daily
As a Sous Chef you can expect to receive:
Who you are:
- Access to a wide range of programs to train, develop you and offer career growth opportunities
- Experience of working on large functions, culinary competitions & the opportunity to work on prestigious VIP events across all sectors within Compass Group
- Great work life balance through flexible shift patterns and sociable working hours
- Our sites operate at reduced capacity or close during certain times of the year i.e. Easter, Summer and Christmas periods so you will have 2 or 3 weeks in the year where you will have unpaid non-working weeks. This provides you with additional time off on top of your annual holiday entitlement leave. Your pay is annualised so that these non-working weeks are spread over the year.
- Excellent benefits
- Full Uniform provided
As one of our talented Sous Chefs, we are looking for:
Who we are:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.