Sous Chef - Brighton College
5 over 7 Days
Salary - £30,000 per annum
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy. More about the role:
Who you are:
- To supervise the preparation and cooking of sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork reproduction and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc.
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service
- Carry out accurate weekly stock takes
- To assist in the planning of menus ensuring that they achieve and maintain the budgeted food costs
- To make sure that you and your team meet all legal and company requirements for fire, health, safety and hygiene
- To look out for any problems or potential problems with safety or hygiene and report them to the Executive Chef
- All statutory, local authority of company policies and procedures are adhered to
- All records are completed to the company standard
Who we are:
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Chef in both contract catering & Hospitality
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- The skills to produce great food
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Team player
- A 'Can-do' attitude
- It is preferable that this person is qualified to NVQ level 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.