Our Sous Chef is there to actively support the Head Chef in their vision for all aspects of innovative food production at PSE and to continue building on the reputation of delivering exceptional food that exceeds the guest expectation.
As our Sous Chef, you will take an active role in C&E, from planning to production. You will work closely with the Head Chef on how to ensure this area of the business is interpreted just like an event days.
Principality Stadium Experience (PSE) was formed in 2014 as a joint venture between the WRU and Compass Group. PSE deliver match day hospitality and retail catering, as well as non-match day conference and events.
Levy UK are part of a multi-national business and is part of the Compass Group family. Our people work at the greatest venues and events in the world and do it with a smile on their face. In return we are committed to putting their health and wellbeing first as well as supporting their career development. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £30,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free gym on site
- Subsidised meals
- Discounted tickets (on completion of probation)
- Free onsite parking
- Predominately Monday - Friday (9am-5pm) depending on business needs
- We usually get a Christmas break (1-2 weeks)
Who you are:
- Support the Head Chef in establishing and maintaining a high quality standard for all menu content and food produced at PSE
- Under guidance from the Head Chef, planning and producing C&E menu's and food that are exceptional, commercially aware and innovative to support in the growth of this area
- Deputising for the Head Chef during holidays and absence etc.
- Ensuring understanding, awareness and compliance with all of the Company's security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures, understanding accountability
- Producing all Allergen information, under guidance from the Head Chef
- Supporting the Head Chef in managing and providing financial analysis on all food and kitchen costs, including payroll
- Manage the purchasing and production of food, minimize waste and maintain portion control in ways that maximise efficiency and maintain gross profit
- Capable of producing the weekly accounts, with the Head Chef, in the absence of the Kitchen Administrator
- Ensuring effective communication within your team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary
- Coaching and developing all casual chefs to ensure retention
- Previous proven experience as a Senior Chef/Sous Chef in a similar fast paced, high pressured environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Capable of managing and supporting an efficient team
- Good culinary and presentation skills
Who we are:
- Able to work collaboratively across departments
- Previous experience producing and analysing weekly accounts
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.