Sous Chef - Hospitality & Events
Location - Cosford
Salary - £21,000 per annum
5 over 7 days
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne's in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at the River Cottage at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join one of our exciting contracts at Telford
As Sous Chef, you will work in close collaboration with the Head Chef sharing responsibility for leading, supporting and developing your team. More about the role:
Who you are:
- The Sous Chef is primarily responsible for producing the food for Hospitality & Events but they are also responsible for Cafe
- Receiving of stock
- General Supervision of the kitchen including HSE
- Stock taking
- Menu planning with Head Chef for Hospitality & Events
Who we are:
- To organise and supervise the cooking of food for C&E and café with minimum wastage
- To maintain a high level of food hygiene and kitchen safety
- Understanding of COSHH, HACCP and health and safety
- To work quickly and efficiently during busy periods
- To ensure food is prepared and presented to the correct standard
- Help to maintain and achieve GP potential without compromising standards
- To have a good catering background and knowledge of food
- Can do attitude
- To be positive and polite with work colleagues in the kitchen as well as Front of House team
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- A good knowledge of allergen facts
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.