Sous Chef - City Social, London
Salary - Competitive
Fine Dining Restaurant
City Social is operated by Michelin starred chef and restaurateur Jason Atherton, in partnership with Restaurant Associates. The restaurant is situated on level twenty four of Tower 42, the iconic skyscraper situated in the heart of the City of London. City Social is a restaurant featuring art deco style interiors against the backdrop of the stunning London skyline. Jason Atherton and Culinary Director Dan Birk have designed a menu which features creative yet simple dishes, showcasing the best of British ingredients in a beautiful environment.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Fine Dining Sous Chef to join our dedicated catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly innovative corporate environment.
If you are an innovative and creative Sous Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - we want to hear from you! More about the role:
Who you are:
- Working in a team of 15, producing high end and high quality food
- Fine Dining Restaurant
- Developing and supporting team members
- Supporting in the creation of exciting menu concepts
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Stock taking and ordering of stock
- Deputise in the Head Chefs absence
- Catering for 180 - 200 clients daily
Who we are:
- Innovative and creative individual
- Must have fine dining restaurant experience (Ideally 3 Rosette or above)
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a can do attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now aand join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Founded in New York 59 years ago, Restaurant Associates brings high quality employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplaces. We believe in the power of food and drink to bring people together, whether in a restaurant or speciality café, to inspire them to do great things at work.
Our food is crafted onsite by passionate people using the best ingredients and we know that a balanced, plant focused, natural, fresh and sustainable menu will increase the productivity of our customers and keep them motivated and happy whilst at work.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.